I’ve published an album of all of my WIRR (Weekly Image Rich Ruh) photos.
The rules, in case you have forgotten, were as follows:
- The photo must be taken during the week- weeks start on Monday and end on Sunday.
- The photo must be taken by Rich.
- Any subject matter is acceptable.
- There are no quality standards, although obviously I’ll do my best.
- Equally obviously, on weeks when I don’t take an interesting trip, I’ll take a lame photo and try to pass it off as a work of art.
- I’m not above using digital manipulation in fulfillment of rule #5.
The goals were to take more pictures, and publish more to my blog. I succeeded on both accounts-
- In 2008, I shot 3714 photos, up from 2090 the previous year. The numbers don’t tell the whole story, though, as I got much better at deleting photos in 2008. The actual number of photos shot in 2008 was in reality much higher.
- In 2008, I made 100 blog posts, up from 90 the previous year. Five of the posts in 2007 were caused by a limitation of blogspot on how many photos can be included in a single post. So again, the difference was more significant than the numbers suggest.
The WIRR project will continue in 2009. Stay tuned for more!